Wednesday, September 3, 2008

journal #1

 I am responding to the piece that I wrote only a few days ago for class that was to test my writing skills to see if I was proficient enough to be in this course.  The genre that I choose to write this paper in was autobiographical story, and non-fiction. Some reasons I choose to write this essay in these genres was because it was about my future so it’s about the things that I want to do with my future so that cover the reason for autobiographical story. The paper is non-fiction because I someday will own a business such as this. The audience in which I had to writing the essay to the board of the comp classes.  Some of the reasons I wrote about my long-term business goals in the essay was so that the readers could informally gain an understanding of what I enjoy doing at this point in my life, and what I want to do for the rest of my life. I feel that by writing my essay in this manner it gave the readers a better advantage of understand that I wanted to form a background behind my essay so we could have a formed a better relationship.

Most of the reasons for my writing were so that I could lay out my 30 year long term business goals, to show how I am going to accomplish owning and operating my own car dealership. However I feel I did a good job of accomplishing this in the essay that I wrote because I laid some reasons out about how I am going to get the money that is needed, how I was going to keep the business running, and the preferred location of the dealerships. Now that I look at my piece from a rhetorical situation stand point every time you write this is a factor. Therefore  the better you our as a writer you will learn how to adapt to the different writing situations.

No comments: